Prep Time: 10 minutes + 1 hour for marinade
Cook Time: 8 minutes
First, marinate the meat:
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Erythritol
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 lbs flank steak, sliced into thin strips
Whisk together the baking soda, sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, water, and vegetable oil in a large bowl. Toss the steak with the marinade to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, then proceed below.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Erythritol
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp rye flour
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 heads broccoli, crowns only
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, flour and sherry
until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large wok or saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil over high
heat until shimmering. Add broccoli and saute 3 minutes, stirring often. Transfer
broccoli to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium high. Carefully add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the hot pan. Add the marinated meat and half of the sauce mixture and saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until the meat is cooked through and no longer pink. Stir in the broccoli and remaining sauce. Saute 1 minute more. Serve.