This is the lasagna you make for people who don’t like traditional lasagna. It’s a departure, but great and easy to make. I’ve probably made it 100 times and it’s always been a hit, even with my friends who “don’t like lasagne”.
- 1.5 pounds of ground meat (we use turkey or buffalo or a combination)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Two 14.5 oz cans of tomato sauce (plain, not spaghetti sauce)
- 8 oz package of lasagne noodles
- 3 oz of cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Brown meat, garlic, salt, and pepper in butter.
- Add tomato sauce. Simmer for 18 minutes covered.
- Cook noodles.
- In a separate bowl mix cream cheese and sour cream.
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees
- Put a little of your sauce in the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ lasagna pan (to keep things from sticking)
- Layer noodles, sour cream mixture, and sauce. Repeat until you are out of ingredients.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
This also stores really well and you can assemble it ahead of time. Also freezes well.